海上钢琴师经典台词,在自己的世界里坚持自己的人

2018-10-25 | 影视 | 阅读 3,223

总觉得这是一个真实的故事,因为他的懦弱,懦弱得真实。

每个人的心里都有自己的一艘船,一个近乎偏执的小归宿,只是因为它让我们感到实实在在的安全,不致无枝可依。

某一天突然明白,他不能离开的不是那艘船,而是那片养育他的精神家园。

海上钢琴师

我还会问自己,当初到底该不该离开他的海上浮城
I still ask myself if I did the right thing when I abandoned his floating city.

而且并不仅仅是为了那份工作
And I don’t mean only for the work.

而是那样的一个朋友,真正的好友,这辈子不会有第二个了
The fact is, a friend like that, a real friend, you won’t meet one again.

如果你决定就此离开大海,如果你想让双脚踏在坚实的大地上,可这样一来,你再也听不到神一般的琴声了
If you just decide to hang up your sea legs, if you just want to feel something more solid beneath your feet, and if then you no loner hear the music of the gods around you.

但是,就像他常说的那样:只要你还有一个好故事,还可以找个人讲讲,就还不算完
But, like he used to say: “You’re never really done for as long as you got a good story… and someone to tell it to.”

问题是,没人相信我的故事
Trouble is … nobody’d believe a single word of my story.

每次都是如此,总有个人会抬起头,看到她
It happened everytime… someone would look up and see her.

真是无法理解,船上有一千多个人呢,旅行的有钱人、移民、怪人、还有我们
It’s difficult to understand. there were more than a thousand of us on that ship, travelling richfolk, immigrants, and strange people, and us.

但每次总有那么一个,就有那么一个人,会先看到她
Yet, there was always one! One guy alone who would see her first.

或许他当时正坐在那儿吃东西,或是在甲板上散步,或许他正在提裤子
Maybe he was just sitting there eating, or walking on the deck. Maybe he was just fixing his pants.

他抬了一下头,冲大海扫了一眼,然后就看见了她
He’d look up for a second, a quick glance out to sea, and he’d see her.

于是他定在了原地,心跳开始加速
Then he’d just stand there, rooted to the spot, his heart racing.

每一次,我发誓,真他妈是每一次啊,他会转过身,对船上的所有人大喊:美国
And every time, every damn time, I swear, he’d turn to us, towards the ship towards everybody and scream… America!

第一个看见美国的人,每艘船上都有一个
The one who sees America first. There’s one on every ship!

别以为这只是意外,或是视错觉,这是命运
And don’t be thinking it’s an accident or some optical illusion. It’s destiny.

这特殊的一刻,一直就刻在他们的生命中
Those are people who always have that precise instant stamped on their life.

他们还小的时候,如果你看他们的眼睛,仔细地看,就已经能看到她的倩影,美国
And when they were kids, you could look into their eyes, and if you looked carefully enough you’d already see her, America.

我也见过好几次美国了,在船上六年,每年跨洋五次,欧洲、美国往返
And I’ve seen a few Americas! Six years on that ship, five crossings a year: Europe, America and back.

总是泡在海上,等你上了陆地,撒尿都要撒到外面
Always soaking in the ocean. When you stepped on land you couldn’t even piss straight in the john.

厕所倒是稳稳地固定在地上,你却像个傻子似的摇摇摆摆
It was steady. The john, I mean, but you’d keep bobbing like an idiot.

下船不是难事,但把海洋抛在脑后…
You can get off a ship all right, but off the ocean…

这小号是我的一生啊,先生
That horn’s my whole life, mister.

即使我不是个人物,这小号也不止这个价钱啊
But even just being a nobody it’s got to be worth more than twenty lousy bucks!

如果这么说,那它连半个克朗都不值了
If that’s how things are, I suppose it’s barely worth half a crown.

这曲子没有名字,只有几个人有幸听过
It doesn’t have a name. Just a handful of people have had the privilege of hearing it.

这曲风,我今早上一直在想,就是猜不出这个厉害的钢琴师是谁
That style. I was wondering since this morning, but… I can’t work out who this amazing piano player is.

妈逼有钱的混蛋,就扔下些烟头和脏手绢
Fucking rich-ass bastards! Can’t lose nothing but cigarette butts and dirty-ass handkerchiefs!

都不丢块手表,哪怕一块破爱尔近表,或是袖扣都没有
Can’t lose no watch, not even a beat-up Elgin or a sorry-ass cufflink.

瞧瞧啊,一整支雪茄,肯定有人在晚会上玩傻了
Hey, look here, a whole cigar! Must’ve been somebody poor at the party.

瞧这些破烂,真混蛋,有钱的混蛋
Look at this shit! Nasty fucker! Damn rich.

什么都不落下,欠了你的钱就失忆了
Don’t forget nothing unless they owe you some money.

移民就这德行,在船上生下孩子,然后扔下他,留给别人喂养
That’s the way the immigrants do it. Have a baby on the ship and then leave on board another mouth to feed!

就这样躲过移民局的检查
And, like that, avoid trouble with the immigration office!

这样的孩子长大能干什么啊
What’s a boy like him going to be when he grows up?

又是个移民
Another immigrant!

这小子被人放在一等舱的钢琴上,肯定是希望有个有钱人能来把他抱走,让他过好日子
This one they left in first class on top the piano. They are hoping some rich guy will come and stick a silver spoon in his mouth.

结果谁捡到这小猴子了呢?一个穷司炉
And who does the little ape get instead? A poor worthless stoker!

有钱人的袖扣和衬衫上都写着中间名
like the rich folks puts on their cufflinks in shirts.

加个中间名,立刻就上档次了,是不是
That give it class, to put that in the middle, don’t you think?

他又不是妈逼公爵的儿子,丹尼,你是周二找到他的,就喊他周二吧
He ain’t the son of no fucking duke, Danny! You found him on a Tuesday, call him Tuesday!

我是在这该死的新世纪的第一年的第一个月找到了他,所以我要叫他 1900
I found him the first month of the first year of this frigging new century, so I’m calling him Nineteen Hundred!

天呐,这么个小家伙居然拉出这么多屎来
Damn. How can something that small shit so much?

1900那时八岁,大概已经在欧洲和美国之间,来回五十次了吧
Nineteen Hundred was eight years old then. He’d made the trip between Europe and America about fifty times, I imagined.

大海就是他的家,他从未踏上过陆地,从来没有
The ocean was his home. He never set foot on dry land. Never.

他在港口无数次看见过陆地,却从未下过船
He’d seen it from the ports a hundred times, but he never got off the boat.

问题是,在世人眼里,他压根就不存在
Problem was as far as the world was concerned he didn’t even exist.

他没有国籍,连出生日期都没有,也没有家人
He didn’t have a country. He didn’t even have a birth date. No family.

他八岁了,但严格来说,他根本就没出生
He was eight years old, but officially, he had never even been born.

-他叫什么 -1900
-What’s his name? -Nineteen Hundred.

-不是曲子,那孩子 -1900,和那曲子一样
-Not the song, the boy. -Nineteen Hundred. Like the song!

那是我一生最快乐的一天,所有人眼里充满希望
It was the happiest day of my life. All those people with hope in their eyes,

道别声、汽笛声,不绝于耳,那巨大的水上王国就要启程
The goodbyes, the sirens, and that big floating world starting to move.

这巨大的盛会,像是为我准备的
It felt like one big party, a huge bash just for me.

我们要永远在这船上铲煤了
You know, we’re going to be shoveling coal on this ship till eternity.

可不是,至少你知道长大以后会干什么
No shit! Least you know what you’ll be doing when you grow up!

那儿的冬天很美,三月时,总会有那么一个下午,不期而至
In winter, it’s beautiful. And in March, you can always count on one afternoon when you least expect it.

大雾弥漫,乳白色的屏障就垂在街灯之下
The fog slides in. A milky barrier hangs just below the street lamps.

把一切斩断,就像雪白的刀刃,可神奇了
It cuts everything off! Like a white blade. And it’s magic!

我确定他在里面,我人生最好年月就是在弗吉尼亚号上度过的
I’m sure he’s there. I spent the best years of my life on the Virginian.

你演奏时到底在想什么,手指碰触琴键的时候,你神游去了哪
What the hell do you think about when you’re playing? Where does your mind go? When you hit the keys?

昨夜我去了一个美丽的国度,女人的头发上喷着香水,一切都闪闪发光,到处都是老虎
Last night I was in a beautiful country. Women had perfume in their hair. Everything glowed. And it was full of tigers.

你为什么不下船,就一次也好啊
Why the hell don’t you get off? Just once? One time?

亲眼去看看这个世界,想过吗,你可以做任何你想做的事
See the world for yourself with your own eyes? You ever think about it? You could do anything you wanted to.

人们会为你疯狂的
People would go crazy for you.

为什么不试试呢
Why not?

天知道你不能一辈子,像溜溜球一样来回航行
God knows you can’t spend the rest of your life traveling back and forth like some yo-yo.

世界就在陆地上,只有一段舷梯的距离
The world is out there. Nothing but a gangplank to cross.

舷梯是什么,就那么几步路而已
And what’s a gangplank? A few stupid steps.

天哪,一切都在那几步路尽头等着呢,为什么不去呢
Christ, everything is waiting at the bottom of those steps. Why don’t you just do it?

我觉得你们陆上的人,浪费了很多时间琢磨为什么
I think you land people waste a lot of time wondering why.

冬天到了,就急切地盼望夏天,夏天来了,又担心冬天将至
Winter comes and you can’t wait for summer. Summer comes and you live in dread of winter.

所以你们永远不厌烦旅行,总在追寻遥远的四季如夏的地方
That’s way you never tire of traveling. Always chasing someplace far away where it’s always summer.

我觉得这种地方根本找不到呢
Doesn’t sound like a good bet to me.

你,一脑子屎的家伙,生活是无限的,明白吗?无限的
“You! With shit instead brains! life is immense, can you understand that? Immense!”

我脑子里爆发了革命,所以我突然决定改变我的生活
A revolution was in my head. That’s how I suddenly decide to change my life,

重新开始,改变生活,重新开始
to start fresh. Change life. Start fresh.

杰利·罗尔·莫顿不是在弹琴,他是在爱抚那些音符
Jelly Roll Morton did not play, he caressed those notes.

琴声如同丝绸划过女人的胴体,他的手就像蝴蝶,轻盈无比
It sounded like a silk slip sliding down a woman’s body. His hands were butterflies, so light.

他们想听到那种,掀动帷幔,滑过床底,却又不扰激情的音乐
They wanted music that would slip behind the curtains, under the beds, without disturbing the passion.

我押上了一年的薪水,你却坐在这儿哭鼻子
I put a year’s pay on the line! And you sit here sniffling?

下船,走下这破甲板,去追逐…追逐属于你的名和利
Getting off. Getting off these lousy planks of wood and going after… going after your fame and fortune.

-有一次,我父亲告诉我他听到了大海的声音
-Once, my father told me he heard the ocean’s voice.

-真的吗?大海说了什么?
-Really? What did it say?

-我不能告诉你,这是秘密,秘密是不能说出去的
-I can’t tell you. It’s a secret. And secrets should be kept.

我可以在这儿待一辈子,但大海什么都不会告诉我
I could stay here forever, but the ocean would never tell me a thing.

但如果我下船,在陆上住两年,我就会变成凡人,跟别人一样
But if I get off, live on land for a couple of years, then I’ll be normal. Just like the others.

我知道我迟早会离开大海,所以我离开了
I knew that sooner or later I’d have been through with the ocean. So that’s what I did.

我再也没听说1900和弗吉尼亚号,但我从未忘记过
I heard no more about Nineteen Hundred or the Virginian. Not that I ever forgot them.

恰恰相反,战时我常自问,
On the contrary. During the war, I’d always ask myself…

如果1900在这儿,他会怎么做?他会说什么
Who knows what Nineteen Hundred would do if he were here? Who knows what he’d say?

他会说,去他妈的战争
Fuck war, he’d say.

你现在有多少故事啊,世界会聆听你的每一句话
Well, what a stack of stories you got now! The world would be hanging on your every word,

他们会为你的音乐发狂,相信我
and they’d go crazy for your music. Believe me.

让我停下的不是我看到的东西,麦克斯,是我没看到的
It wasn’t what I saw that stopped me, Max. It was what I didn’t see.

我就是看不到,哪里是尽头,世界的尽头
What I did not see was where the whole thing came to an end, the end of the world.

比方说,钢琴,琴键有始有终
You take a piano. Keys begin, the keys end.

你知道有88个琴键,谁都不能否认
You know there are 88 of them, nobody can tell you any different.

琴键是有限的,你是无限的
They are not infinite, you are infinite.

你能在琴键上演奏出的音乐是无限的
And on those keys, the music that you can make is infinite.

可我走上舷梯,在我面前铺开的
You get me up on that gangway and you roll out in front of me

是成百上千,成千上万的琴键,永无止境
a keyboard of millions of keys, millions and billions of keys that never end.

那琴键是无限的,如果琴键是无限的,那么你在那琴键上是无法演奏的
That keyboard is infinite. And if that keyboard is infinite, then on that keyboard there is no music you can play.

你要怎么办啊?怎么选择一条街道
How do you do it down there? How do you choose just one?

一个女人,一栋房子,一块属于你的地方,一片你可以欣赏的风景,一种死去的方式
One woman, one house, one piece of land to call your own, one landscape to look at, one way to die.

那么大的世界压在你身上,甚至不知道哪里是尽头
All that world just weighing down on you. You don’t even know where it comes to an end.

你不怕自己,想到这些会崩溃吗?不怕如此生活是这么大的负担吗
I mean, aren’t you ever just scared of breaking apart at the thought of it? At the enormity of living it?

我生在这艘船上,这世界从我身边走过,每次只有两千人
I was born on this ship. And the world passed me by, but two thousand people at a time.

这里也有梦想,但那些梦想不会超出船的范围
And there were wishes here, but never more than fit between prow and stern.

你在一架有限的钢琴上,可以演奏你的幸福
You played out your happiness on a piano that was not infinite.

这是我生活的方式
I learned to live that way.

陆地?陆地对我来说,是一艘太大的船
Land? Land is a ship too big for me.

是太美的女人,是太长的航程,是太浓烈的香水,是我不会演奏的音乐
It’s a woman too beautiful. It’s a voyage too long. Perfume too strong. It’s music I don’t know how to make.

我不能下船,我至多可以死去,毕竟,对世人来说,我并不存在
I could never get off this ship. At best, I can step off my life. After all, I don’t exist for anyone.

不用给钱了,一个好故事比一把旧小号珍贵多了
Never mind the money. A good story’s worth more than an old trumpet.

⇧回顶部